Wednesday, April 1, 2015

I Want to Answer Some Questions.....

Hello All!!!
I love you all! Thank you for all of the emails! This week was fantastic!!
 We had the most successful week that Kamputhaw Zone has seen in months!!

SO AWESOME!!

I am so grateful to be able to work along side such great missionaries and servants of the Lord.

It's sometimes crazy to think that we really are only 20yr old young men and we are doing the most important work of the Lord. It sure is humbling.

I wanted to answer some questions that I've been asked!

1. Yes! There are trash trucks here, but not like the ones at home haha.. I'm not exactly sure where the trash goes but if I had to guess.... it's either burned into the air or thrown in the canals hahah.. It's so dirty here in the city! But it's awesome and I love it!

2. We do have 6 Elders in our apt/house.. It works out. We have had talks about accountability and making sure everyone is responsible for their own things. And then in addition to that, we take turns sweeping and stuff, but it works out really well for the most part. We also started having FHE every Monday night after everyone gets home. It's awesome and super effective.

3. We do eat with members sometimes but not often.





This is a marinating BBQ of all parts of a chicken: head, intestines, feet, liver, etc.





I'm so grateful for the good people here who are so willing to share all that they have.






Dad asked a question that made me realize I've been slacking in an area of my emails! 

I'm so sorry I haven't talked too much about our investigators (those were teaching)! I will try to do better.

 We are mostly focusing right now on one family: the V. Family!  They came to church the first Sunday we invited them and have been coming since (three times now!) ... 


Every week, C and C join in with the youth programs of the ward as well. Whether it be basketball or service projects, they've become super involved already. 

Their scheduled baptismal date is for this April 25th! So awesome!!!

We had MLC (Mission Leadership Conference) yesterday with all of the Zone Leaders and Sister Training Leaders and we discussed the doctrine found in the book of 3 Nephi and also what it means to become a true disciple of Jesus Christ. 
We talked about what it means when Christ invites us to, "Come Follow Me"... 

We can learn a lot from the account when He called four of His original apostles: Peter, Andrew, James, and John. Matthew 4:18-22

"And Jesus, walking by the sea of Galilee, saw two brethren, Simon called Peter, and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the sea: for they were fishers.

"And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.

"And they straightway left their nets, and followed him.

"And going on from thence, he saw other two brethren, James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother, in a ship with Zebedee their father, mending their nets; and he called them.

"And they immediately left the ship and their father, and followed him."

They immediately dropped everything they were doing. And that's not it. It isn't as if they just stopped what they were doing for an hour or two, but rather, they dropped their old life. They gave up who they were and turned to the Savior in order to become something so much more.

As I pondered on that, I realized how truly important it is for us to UNDERSTAND the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We can't just know the Gospel and leave it at that.
 We can't be content with our lives and never seek to improve. I have no doubt that Peter, Andrew, James, and John were likely very content with their lives. But they gave their lives to the Lord and allowed Him to mold them into new beings. Beings that could live into the eternities in the presence of our Heavenly Father and His Son Jesus Christ.


I guess it was "Earth Day" last week?
Earth Day festivities
There were thousands of bicyclists who all decided to ride down the highway one night!







As Easter is fast approaching, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has tried to help us all understand more fully the gift of Christ's life. The miracle of His Resurrection is something that we need to come to realize in our life. 

If I can ask one thing of you (YOU as in... You who are reading this right now), I promise you will be filled with Joy within 5 minutes. I want to ask each of you to watch this video: http://www.mormon.org/easter... This is something the Church has put together for the sole purpose of helping us to remember that HE LIVES. 

I know He lives. I know it. He suffered in the Garden, He died on the cross, and He was laid in the tomb. Three days passed; after which, the biggest miracle in the history of our world came to pass. He rose. On the third day, Jesus the Christ raised as a resurrected, perfect being. I know that it is in and through His Resurrection that we can gain the hope of Eternal Life. I love Him and I know the He loves us. Because of that love, He desires for each of us to attain to the level of Joy that He has attained to. Please take this message seriously. I have never been more serious in my life than when I testify that I know that He Lives.

I love you all. I am grateful for all of you in my life. I just hope and pray every day that each of you can experience what I am experiencing. Not necessarily the life of a missionary, but rather the Joy that the members of this church have been blessed with. It's a free gift to all those that seek. All those that leave their "nets and boats" and come follow Christ.

Love,
Elder James Ryan Jacobs