Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Pure Craziness!!

Well, Let me just say that this week has gotta be down in the books somewhere as "World's Craziest Week in the life of Elder Jacobs"




On Monday, we traveled to Cebu for our Leadership Council. You knew that because we emailed last week in Toledo as we were "waiting for the barge to leave at 4pm". 






Well, that barge got canceled due to the storm. So did the 6pm barge. Not a big deal. We can stay at the ZL's house in Toledo for a night and then wake up early the next morning and catch the 7:30am barge, right? 






Apparently, wrong. The next morning, all travel was canceled. 

We were supposed to have our Zone Training Meeting at 10am that morning... That was not going to be happening haha. 

After waiting things a out a little bit, talking with President on the phone, etc. we decided to make a road trip out of it. 

We called South Cebu to make sure there were barges still crossing down there, they said they will go all day, rain or shine. 

We drove down to South Cebu to Bato, through Oslob.. About 4-5 hours.

 Got to the barge, long story short, got over to Amlan at about 6:30pm. Yayyy! We made it to Negros! That still left the long journey up to San Carlos. 

Driving on dark island roads......We ended up getting home around 10pm. It was an adventure, that's for sure.



On Saturday, we had our Zone Training Meeting... After that, a baptismal interview down in Vallehermoso. Oh, I woke up that morning with a fever of 39.5.... I'm pretty sure that's like 103.1 ish? That made for an awesome ZTM and rest of the day. We couldn't work haha. BUTTT when I woke up Sunday morning, no more fever!! :)



We went on splits Monday with the San Carlos 1a elders and then yesterday with the Canlaon elders. That was fun.. Haha back-to-back splits. It reminds me of double-header baseball games. I miss those days :)
We got transfer calls last night! E. Jamil will be transferring down to Tanjay for his last transfer! I will be training another Zone Leader here! Elder Ioane (Yoh-wan-ee). I am so stoked! 

So this is my last transfer before I go home. It is going to be an amazing last transfer, that's for sure :)



On our way home this morning from Canlaon, as E. Jamil was driving the truck, our front, right tire blew out. 

Stop, re-read, YEA! What??? It was the scariest thing I have experienced in a while. It literally exploded. And I wouldn't say that we were driving slowly... 

Everyone is okay, though don't worry mama :)

 I want to take this moment and AGAIN thank my father for everything he taught us growing up. 

Yes, we did have a jack, a wrench, and a spare tire.. It only took like 30 minutes! I guess that's not saying much though... Don't the race car people do it in like 30 seconds..?

Well, I hope you were able to follow that! It was a crazy week this last week! I loved every minute of it :)
These past two days on exchanges have taught me so much. I am so grateful for the opportunities I had to work with these two Elders. In both situations, I was able to give them priesthood blessings. They asked for comfort and counsel and I was so happy to be there to do that. I love the calling I have been given as a full time missionary. I love the assignment I have been given to look over, love, and protect those in my zone.



I love this. I love my life right now. I love working hard. I love doing hard things. I love seeing change in the lives of others. I love the gospel of Jesus Christ. I love our Father in Heaven. I love Jesus Christ. I love Their plan for us. I love my family. I love prayer. I love the scriptures. I love being obedient. I love all of you!
Have an awesome week this next week!
Love,
Elder James Ryan Jacobs