Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Short but full of love!

Hello everyone!!


I'm sorry I don't have very much time AT ALL!! We are traveling back from Cebu to San Carlos right now and are in a "lay-over" in Toledo... Hahah layover meaning we are waiting for the barge to get across to San Carlos.

This last week was unbelievably busy. We had Zone Interviews (my last one with President until my exit interview... whoa...), we had District Conference in San Carlos and had Elder Pangan preside, and we had MLC in Cebu yesterday (Tuesday). It was a very very busy week. Next week is transfer day, the week after we are going back to Cebu for Elder Haynie's "Mission Tour" from the 19-21th of August. It is so busy around here!!

I want to share something that Elder Pangan shared in a Youth/Single Adult session on Sunday morning... He quoted a prophet: "The will of God will not take you where the grace of God cannot protect you." Think about that for a moment. That is profound. Yes, we all go through hard things. But NEVER are we left alone. God's grace is sufficient for every need, for every struggle, for every act. I have come to understand how much we truly rely on Christ's grace. Every good act. Every deed. We are only permitted and strengthened by and through Him to act for good. Many times we just think that is just us choosing to do good, but in a very real way, Christ is just strengthening us in order to more follow Him and become His disciples.

I'm sorry, I'm out of time! I love you all so much! Thank you for everything!! Special shout out to Hermana Jordan Engle who will be returning with honor next week! :)

Love you all!!
Elder James Ryan Jacobs