Thursday, January 30, 2014

A Few of My Favorite Things…….

Kamusta?!?
Hello everyone!! I first off want to thank everyone for the emails this week. It was amazing.
Haha but, tungod kay niana, I don't have too much time for this email! 

I want to take a minute and respond to my sister's email to me. She is so amazing and sent an email to me of her "favorite" things. I wanted to do the same thing right now. It is so important for us to have favorite, special things. Things that we hold close to our heart. So here are a few of mine. Not in any specific order, just as they come to me:

Favorite: My family. I would do anything for my family and I know that they would for me as well. Families are so central to this life, but so many people forget that. Our Heavenly Father gave us families to make us happy, to help us grow, and to gain experience through learning. We see broken families so often in the world right now. Relationships can be hard. BUT one promise that our Father gives to us is that if we establish our family on the principles of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, we will be blessed. There are no if, ands, or buts. It's a fundamental truth. I love it. I've seen it in my family. I'm so grateful for my parents and their courage to open their minds and hearts to hear the truth. I am grateful for my siblings and for their amazing examples to me. I love my family.

Favorite: My Savior. So many people just do not understand the relationship that we are able
 to build with our Savior, Jesus Christ. No, He may not be literally standing right next to us on Earth, but He is always there - if we are following Him. There is one way to follow Him. His way. His church. I am so grateful for the relationship I have with my Savior, my Eldest Brother, and my perfect example. It all comes down to His Gospel. And the complete truth is only found in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Just try it. Read Alma 32. Try the experiment. Give it a chance and just listen to what the missionaries have to say. I promise you your life will improve, no matter what situation you're in. I love my Savior, Jesus Christ.


Favorite: My friends. My friends have been my support (along with my family) for my entire life. Especially in high school. I'm so grateful for my friends. Members and not-yet-members of this church. I love them all. 
Anyways, I am about out of time, but please understand just a little bit how much i treasure these things, among SO MANY MORE. I know without a doubt that I am here for a reason. I love the Philippines. I love it. I am always happy here. I can't wait to just serve every single day. I love you all. 

Love,
Elder James Ryan Jacobs