Sunday, January 19, 2014

My interesting week!

If you see some guys like us…talk to them!!!!
Helllllooooo Allllll!!!

This week has been pretty different!  I never experienced on my mission some of the things that I experienced this last week! 

(This is Jimmy's mom! Did you notice in the sentence above that Jimmy worded his sentence in an usual way? That happens when you begin speaking in your new language all of the time. You begin to phrase things in English differently! This tells us that Jimmy is really embracing and using the Cebuano language!!  OK…Back to Jimmy….) 

I'm gunna do something new this email! I'm gunna breakdown the days of the week for you all!

Thursday: We had our once-transferly Zone Training Meeting! (Remember a transfer is every six weeks!) This is a time that we get once a transfer to hear from our Zone Leaders. They give a workshop and talk about doctrine, helpful things to focus on, and stuff like that! 

After that, we went and visited Tatay Hornorato (tatay is just a name for an older person haha) but he is SO hard to understand and talk to because he can't hear very well. He is a recent convert, but nobody is really able to talk to him. So we are going to get his home teachers to go over and try! He's so funny and nice. Then we went over to Devine and Jenny Viv's! They are doing amazing! They are doing everything they need to do in order to be baptized on February 1st! I'm so excited!

Friday and Saturday: We kept very busy meeting new people and talking to everyone we could. We had some amazing lessons and found some new investigators!

Sunday: Best day ever. We got to church at 8, but then left at about 8:40 to go kuyog (err uhh IDK what that word is in english... like... guide? Or bring along?) Sister Gonzalez and her kids to church! 

And …oh… it was POURING rain!! Crazy! We ran all the way there and we got to church a little late, BUT it was okay! We had 5 investigators come to church!! It was so amazing to see my prayers answered. I love my Father in Heaven. He knows each and every one of us so well. He knew I needed just a little bit of extra love this week. Sister Gonzalez, Devine, Jenny Viv, Raquell, and Marium all came!! It was amazing! 

Then, later that day, we went to visit Marium. We wanted to invite her to baptism because she has been doing everything and really showing progress! She is reading in Jacob in the Book of Mormon!! So we asked the Relief Society President to come with us and she brought her first counselor with her as well! I thought of you, Mama Miyahara, and Mama. Help the missionaries! Haha we need you. 

It was great having them there to be a friend and to bear testimony through real life examples. Marium still needs some time to think about baptism. She just needs to continue reading her Book of Mormon. I know that as she does that, she will understand how important it is for her to show her faith. Pray for her please! And Devine and Jenny VIv:)

Monday and Tuesday: So... Elder Buckley got super sick on Monday and felt like he needed to stay in, so we actually didn't get to work at all on Monday. You know, one would think that 16 hours of being inside sitting at a desk would be torture.
It actually wasn't bad at all. Elder Buckley rested and I had my scriptures, PMG, Patriarchal Blessing, and lots others to keep me company. I got some amazing personal study time. I studied so much in the Book of Revelation and in D&C 77, 88:85-114. It was pretty awesome! Tuesday came and Elder was still feeling like he couldn't work, so I texted the Zone Leaders and asked if we could go on exchanges so we could get some work done in our area but they couldn't. They said it was okay, just stay and take care of my companion! So that's what I did on Tuesday! And lots more studying! I studied a lot on Priesthood Keys and the Plan of Salvation in Alma 40-42.

I am so grateful for the old and modern revelation that we have in the church today. The Book of Mormon and The Doctrine and Covenants. I am really starting to LOVE reading from D&C. Joseph Smith truly was a Prophet called of God to restore His gospel to the earth FOR US! The Bible is sometimes hard to understand... Almost all the time. But as we use the Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants, and other resources, we can learn SO MUCH!! I love it! 
Anyways, don't worry at all about me! I love this place more and more every day. I love you all and have an amazing week for me!:)
Just outside my apartment!

Love,
Elder James Ryan Jacobs