Wednesday, April 2, 2014

This week was quite the normal, awesome, superb, wonderful, pangmissionary week!

Maayong Buntag, Udto, Hapon, or Gabii sa tanan!
Walking to the next house!

(Good morning, noon or night!)




This week was quite the normal, awesome, superb, wonderful, pangmissionary week! I love being a missionary at this time of my life and at this time in the world. 






 We had weekly planning this week and then an Area Coordination Meeting. Holy cow.... Guess how many missionaries we now have. 4. FOUR!!



Kami lang duh a ni (There's me)  Elder Tavui and two sisters. I don't know if you've looked at a map of Siaton
 and the surrounding areas over here on Negros Oriental, but IT'S GINORMOUS. 



The whole meeting was focused on how we are going to tackle this area. I know that we can, and I am so grateful for the trust that my Savior has in us to take care of this portion of His vineyard, but.... wow. From Liko-Liko to Cabrera. Look it up if you got some time :) 

The sisters are STL's (which means they're super important or something like that..) and so they are always traveling and working in other areas on Negros. So this entire week was just Elder Tavui and I. We are going to sit down again just us two and decide how we are going to change our style of missionary work to be the most beneficial. We already have some great ideas. I'm stoked.
Should we go this way? Or that way?

On Saturday we walked from Giligoan to Liko-Liko which was a party.?........?.........






On Tuesday we had quite the unbelievable experience. In our Monday night planning session, we were half-way through and we had a prompting to not do what we were planning to do. We knew the sisters weren't going to be here (they were traveling to Cebu), so we decided to work in their area - which is a lot closer to the church. So we planned for it.



Just talking to our neighbors........






It was amazing. We met so many new people and we now have three new investigators. I am so grateful for the small prompting that told us to work in this area. We are trying to focus on the little barungays or cities close to the church so that the plete or... uh... money that you have to pay for transportation... isn't impossible for our investigators. It was great.
















This morning we helped Sister Garcia by chopping up some firewood for them to be able to cook and have in storage. It was awesome. And yes, I'm sore.























Our recent converts gave us some lubi - or coconut - to make buko juice!!
Brother Wilson climbed up and got some for us. I'll let you know how it turns out. Unta, lami jud kaayo siya :)









Also, I made some friends on the beach on Saturday. They had some octopus and squid in a pot so OF COURSE I ate it. It was delicious. Here are a couple pictures :)

 

I love you all so very much and hope that you have the most amazing week out of everyone in the whole wide world. Know that I'm doing great. I love it here. I am being watched over, protected, and guided every single day. Jesus Christ lives and He is my Savior and Redeemer.

Love you!!!!
Elder James Ryan Jacobs

P.S. Buhaton ba nato ang atong kaugalingong parte?
P.P.S. Will we do our own individual part?