Wednesday, July 30, 2014

I'm going to the City!

Kent's baptism! He's pretty popular with the girls.....


So, another week gone. Does anybody else feel like I do about this whole time thing?? My mom insists the time is going by slower than ever, but I am convinced otherwise. These weeks seem to completely FLY BY! I don't have too much time today because there is a lot to get ready for transfers tomorrow, but here is a quick update:

Saturday was Kent's baptism and it went SO WELL!!



I was so grateful for all the Young Single Adults that showed up and supported him in his decision to be baptized. 





He is great and was so ready to be baptized. I loved his dedication and faithfulness. Kent was an investigator for about 6 months and really the only reason was because he wasn't in one place long enough to be taught and baptized. He would go to church in every area he was in and really already considered himself a member. I was so grateful to make that official!


This is what the font looked like. The water comes out of the faucet like that...it's normal. No one even comments about it! 


On Sunday Kent was confirmed, Eddie and Joven received the Aaronic Priesthood, and we had a great Sunday with meetings! You heard me... We had meetings because we finally got our branch president!! 


Monday was Transfer Meeting (Transfer Day is Wednesday!). I knew I was leaving, sadly, but I had no idea where I was heading or what to expect. 
E. Jacobs...that's me!

Well, I am transferring to San Nicolas over in Cebu City on the Island of Cebu! It's in the City! I'll be a "city boy" for a while now! 

And I got called as a Zone Leader... I started crying inside a little bit when I heard that. But after lots of prayers, I received a witness that this truly is what the Lord wants of me. I am 100% willing to follow His will. I am confident in Him and know that, by faith, all things are made possible. I can't wait to serve the amazing missionaries in my mission with everything I have.



I will miss Siaton. 

On Tuesday we had dinner at Sister Garcia's house to say goodbye and teach them one last time. They are an amazing member family here in Siaton that we will be coming back to visit, mom! I am sad to be leaving here after 6 solid months, but I am excited to help in another part of the vineyard. Siaton is like home to me.

I will sure miss my District!! It has been amazing working with each of these missionaries! They are truly the BEST!


                                                                                                                                                                                                                 So on Wednesday I will be on this bus for about 6 hours to get to the boat to Cebu!! 


The bus reminds me of the Night Bus on Harry Potter!!








This past week we helped a family sift rice.



It was so hot when we began talking to them so we told them to take a break in the shade while we did the sifting. 

You put the rice in the basket and pour it slowly so that the wind catches the light stuff with nothing inside. The wind blows away the stuff that is not useful. Then only the good, edible rice is left on the mat......there's a gospel lesson there....


Mom!! You asked about birthdays here. They celebrate birthdays here like in Mexico. Just a little fiesta type thing...no cake...just lots of food and some desserts. There aren't any ovens here in the homes to bake. 



That's about all I have time for, but I want you all to know that I really do love you. I know that we have the fullness of the true gospel among us. I know that - in order to truly do that which is required of us - we need to learn how to be endowed with power from on high. Faith is a principle (or a fundamental law; essential) to gaining this power. One quote that I absolutely love is: "Certain powers of heaven are governed by the faith of mortal men." I have a strong testimony of this and know that if we just do our individual parts, we will be given power to do all that is expedient in Christ. I love you all!!

Love,
Elder Jacobs