Monday, March 10, 2014

Just want to share this...

My area in Siaton on the Island of Negros is doing great! 

I want to share something about one of the families in our branch.They are a less-active family and they have a son named Lomer and he is a stud of a 10 year old. I love the guts out of him. He is in 3rd year elementary, but still can't read or write. His father mentioned this to me and said that he would love for his son to be able to read and write before he was baptized.
Let's go to the next house.....way over there.....


What would you do in that situation as a missionary? I didn't know for about 10 seconds, then it came to me. Why can't I help? That's what Christ would do, right? 

What's more, I have the best mother in the whole wide world who taught me everything I know and she teaches kids to read and write for a living. I spent enough years around her preschool to pick up on a little something. 
Allie Alligator A-A-A. 

I told Brother Dela Torre we would teach his son, Lomer, how to read and write. From that time on, we have been meeting 3 times a week. Every lesson, before we start the message on the Gospel, we spend 30 minutes studying the alphabet and practicing phonics and writing. 
Lomer is a stud. He is already reading and we are working on the writing. 

I love this Gospel. I love how it changes lives for the better. I love how it makes us capable of helping others. I know that, if it weren't for the Savior and His Power and Authority, given to us as missionaries, we would NOT be successful in teaching Lomer. As Missionaries, we have a promise. If we seek FIRST for the Kingdom of God, everything else will fall in line. You have that promise too.  I know this to be true. Wala'y duhaduha sa akong kasingkasing nga tinuod ang gahum ni Jesukristo. No doubt. I love it.

Are you ready for things to fall into place in your life?


Super nice restaurant on our island!!! Don't mind the awkward pose on the left ;)

I love you all!!
Elder James Ryan Jacobs