Wednesday, March 12, 2014

We have a MONKEY!!

Kamusta Kanatong Tanan!

This last week has been another amazing week as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

This is where I live now.
I live in this house with four other missionaries. The house is a palace compared to the homes around us. I feel so grateful to live here. The owner of the house lives right behind us. Those are his bikes in the driveway.
We take turns cooking. Here is a dinner I made this week:


I like to cook so I do a lot of the cooking!

The area here is a little bit poorer than the others, so the quality of food and things isn't the highest. It's still delicious though and I'm totally fine with what we have!






So get this.......
We have a monkey in the trees outside our house!
His name is Sr. Chub-Chubs the third. SO AWESOME. Monkey in Bisaya is "unggoy". Every time we pass his tree, he follows us, rubs his stomach and points to his mouth. Haha if we have any candy, we toss it up. Usually, we just grab a mango from the ground and give him a snack. He's great.  (I know mom......I WON"T touch the monkey.....)

I love being a servant of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
There are certain blessings and privileges given to those who give their life in devotion to the Savior. Some blessings and privileges are small - we call them tender mercies - but others are bigger. We have felt those blessings, big and small, this week. It's not hard to feel the Lord and His angels round about us as we do His work. No matter how big or small the blessings may seem in this life, we cannot even comprehend the true blessings waiting for the faithful in the life to come.

 I was reading in the Book of Mormon, 3 Nephi, the other day. Chapter 5, verse 13. It says there, "Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life." 

This is what I was called to do, just like Mormon of old. Just like Noah, Moses, and Abraham. Just like Alma, Amulek, the sons of Mosiah, and Moroni. Like Nephi, Jacob, and King Benjamin. I have literally received a calling from a living prophet and 12 living apostles to declare the Savior's word among His people. 

There is no other religion - no other church on the face of the Earth - that has this structure.
My question is, why not?

 We see and read in the scriptures exactly how Christ organized His church. Prophets, Apostles, Missionaries, Temples, and Priesthood authority. 
Today, where do we find the church that was organized by Jesus Christ, in the EXACT way He organized it? 

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. 

Because The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the Jesus Christ's church restored and once again established on the Earth. The best part about this is that you don't have to take my word for it. In fact, I don't want you to. The more powerful assurance and testimony of this comes through the power of the Holy Ghost. Read the Book of Mormon. Ask questions. Pray about it. I hope sometime soon you will recognize the desire growing inside of you to find out for yourself.

I am so grateful for this time in my life that I can give everything I have to my Savior. I know that this isn't very realistic for all of us to do right now because of things like work, school, family and life. BUT we can each do our part. Pattern your life after the Savior's life. Be an example. Do something kind for someone else. I know that as you do that, you will be blessed beyond measure. There are promises given to us that we don't even understand fully! I love it.

I love Elder Samon, my companion. He doesn't like to speak English so that makes it fun. My language skills keep getting better and better.

Know that I love you all. Thank you for everything you have done for me. I am so grateful for this life I have been given. I hope you are too. Don't waste it. Do what's important. Do what matters. And love it while you do it!



If you have any questions about ANYTHING, please send them to me! Especially gospel questions! To my friends that are not yet members: What are some of your questions?? To my friends that are members: What are your doctrinal questions?? I am always open to new personal study topics!!

Love you all so much!

Elder Jacobs
jjacobs@myldsmail.net



 P.S. This sign says
"Only Dogs are Allowed to Pee Here"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA