Wednesday, March 5, 2014

The craziest thing happened this week.... Ummm well….. I'm kinda embarrassed to admit it.


Maayong Adlaw sa Tanan Diha!   
Hello All!
The craziest thing happened this week.... Ummm well….. I'm kinda embarrassed to admit it. Elder Samon and I were on our way to a LA's house (Less-Active) and they live all the way out in the middle of nowhere. Like alllllllllll the way out. 
We got lost in the middle of a sugar cane field. You'd think that wouldn't be a problem cause you can just see the end and walk towards it. Nope... These fields are HUGEEE. There is no end!! And the cane grows very tall!! We were lost for about 45 minutes. I felt so bad like we were wasting time, but at the same time it was kind of an adventure hahaha. We needed a little break in the day. Even though it was a very tiring, sweaty break. 

This week has been great! We had a full week of work without meetings or anything. Elder Samon and I WENT TO WORK.
Inside our beautiful church building!
27 Lessons. All of them were amazing. The mission standard is 25 (which is very high) and the standard of excellence is 27. We felt super accomplished because these lessons weren't just lessons to be lessons, they were solid. We have a few more investigators with baptismal dates now as well, so I'll keep you updated on those next week!

AHHHHHHH HUGE NEWS. I don't know too much about it yet, but OUR MISSION BOUNDARIES ARE CHANGING. We are absorbing two new zones that have never been a part of the Cebu Mission starting on March 27th. Every area will be white washed. Uhhh....... Wow. I'll keep you updated on that as well :)

Also, we have three baptisms set for March 22nd! It's going to be great!

I just want to share a quick experience. Elder Samon and I were walking down by the beach and we started talking to a man.
Typical yard with chicken.
He was about 45 years old. After a few minutes of getting to know him and sharing who we were, I proceeded to bear my testimony. Saying things like "I KNOW that this is Christ's church. I KNOW that it was restored through a Prophet in these last days. Etc." 

He stopped me. He said, "You can't KNOW any of these things. How could you? Jesus isn't here to tell you." 
I was taken aback for a minute. This man just told me I didn't know. 

I want you all to understand that nobody on this earth can tell me what I know. Tell me what YOU know, but you cannot tell me what I know. I have felt the Holy Ghost bear witness that what I am doing right now in my life is what I need to be doing. I have felt Him bear witness to me that this IS Christ's church and Christ's Kingdom on the Earth. I started by having faith that these things were true and then gained a SURE KNOWLEDGE of the truth. I shared this with this man. I promised that he could know too. 

His attitude didn't change, but mine sure did. Don't tell me I don't know. Maybe you don't believe me, but you will if ask honest questions and seek for true answers. Then you will feel what I have felt, and will know what I know. 

I KNOW that this church is the restored church that Jesus Christ organized when He was on the earth during His earthly ministry.

I love you all so much and hope you have an amazing week. Know that I know this is the truth. Know that I know that this is the church and gospel for everyone on the Earth. Know that I know that I love my Savior Jesus Christ. And know that I love each of you.

Love,
Elder James Ryan Jacobs