Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Lots of pictures this week!

Hello All!!

 First off! HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!!!!! I LOVE MY MOTHER!!!
Happy Mother's Day!

Mother: I love you. I hope you had an amazing Mother's
Day. I am so grateful for you and for everything you have done and taught me. I have literally learned everything I know from your teaching and your example. I am so grateful and I love you. Thank you for being the best mother in the world. Every single son in the world needs a mother like you.




I don't have much time! The AP's (Assistants to the Mission President) called this morning and said I need to get to Cebu as soon as possible. So that meant I had to take a bus...and then a boat... and then another bus to get here to Cebu. I left at 10:00am and got to Cebu at 5:30pm. 

Which means zero P-Day. But it also means I will get my new companion today!!!! I am waiting for him now!









We served a family this week by chopping what is called.... Bulunghoy (sp?).... and it is a root. Kinda like potatoes if you boil it. But we were chopping it so that it could be dried out and used in oil I think.


















I hurt my knee which made tracking that day a little slower... but my knee is fine. It HURT that day. I just hit it on a door... don't ask.. it was fine a couple days later.
A little creepy at night.....

On Friday we met with Eddie. Eddie is our GOLDEN investigator. We met him for the first time a while back and we could immediately tell he had a Word of Wisdom issue (https://www.lds.org/topics/word-of-wisdom?lang=eng). But, of course, we still continued to teach and do our best. I have been praying for the past 2 weeks that when we teach the Word of Wisdom, he would accept it and desire to change for the better.

Rocky Dela Torre blessed the sacrament! Juliebert passed the Sacrament! It is such a great blessing to watch lives change for the better when they live gospel principles. I love that the church changes lives for the better....always!!!!














New mode of transportation...don't tell my mom...
I spy a ginourmous spider!!!







I think of all of you everyday. I hope you know that I know that this work is true.  I know that Our Savior loves us and watches over us. You can know the truth too. Just invite the missionaries over. Read. Pray.

For those of you who are preparing to serve a mission- It is the single most important thing you can do at 18 or 19. It will teach you everything you will need to be successful in school, in work, in a family and in relationships. DO IT. Don't even think of doing anything else. JUST DO IT. I promise with all of my heart that the Lord will bless you with everything that you need...on your mission and afterwards!
I'm pretty much an islander now!



I love you all. I am so blessed. I am so grateful.

Have the best week ever!
Elder Jacobs